Saturday, February 27, 2010

Green Monsters!!!

Ok girls, I'm introducing you to the green monster movement!  I have now been having a GM for breakfast every day for about 2 weeks now & they are amazing.  I always thought the same thing I'm sure you're thinking now... Spinach in a smoothie?!  BUT... combine it with things you love: your favorite fruits, juices, yogurts, etc. & you won't even taste the spinach.  This is an awesome way to get a full serving of fruits & veggies!!! 
My recipe:

1 large handful + another smaller handful of raw baby spinach
1 cup almond milk
1 pkg of greek yogurt
1 cup of fruit

Combine it all in a food processor or really good blender/juicer & voila! 

I have used both frozen & fresh fruit & both are good.  I have used blueberries, strawberries, mango, pineapple, & banana.  Everything is good and I promise you cannot even taste the spinach!  An awesome way to start the day, or refuel any time of day! :)

No comments: