Thursday, October 2, 2008

Taco Soup

Ok, I'm kicking off the recipe blog w/ one of my favorite soups I've made (so far)... Taco Soup! It's so fast & easy & just plain good. With the arrival of true fall weather, I wanted to start making some hearty soups for chilly evenings. Drew has been working late on campus, so last night I ran some errands, & when I got home, I made taco soup & it was hot & ready when he got home... Perfect! :) It's so easy, you may not be able to handle it... Ready?

1 big box of chicken broth
1 jar of your favorite salsa (not too spicy unless you want very spicy soup!)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 lb ground meat (I've used turkey and chicken, and I'm sure beef is good too)
32-ounce bag of mixed veggies

Combine everything except the ground meat in a pot & simmer. Pour meat in after browning... let simmer. Top w/ sour cream & chips & cheese! :) Delic!

Update: I made this in the crockpot for the first time the other night & it turned out pretty good. Definitely easy. I did brown the meat first, however, I don't think it is necessary depending on how long you cook everything. I cooked it for 9+ hours on low, because that is how long we were away from the house. Enjoy! :)

No comments: